Sunday, January 9, 2011

Facebook WILL end at March 15th. Stay tuned!

PALO ALTO, CA –Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook will be shut down in March. Managing the site has become too stressful.
“Facebook has gotten out of control,” said Zuckerberg in a press conference outside his Palo Alto office, “and the stress of managing this company has ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness.”
Zuckerberg went on to explain that starting March 15th, users will no longer be able to access their Facebook accounts.
“After March 15th the whole website shuts down,” said Avrat Humarthi, Vice President of Technical Affairs at Facebook. “So if you ever want to see your pictures again, I recommend you take them off the internet. You won’t be able to get them back once Facebook goes out of business.”
Zuckerberg said that the decision to shut down Facebook was difficult, but that he does not think people will be upset.
“I personally don’t think it’s a big deal,” he said in a private phone interview. “And to be honest, I think it’s for the better. Without Facebook, people will have to go outside and make real friends. That’s always a good thing.”
Some Facebook users were furious upon hearing the shocking news.
“What am I going to do without Facebook?” said Denise Bradshaw, a high school student from Indiana. “My life revolves around it. I’m on Facebook at least 10 hours a day. Now what am I going to do with all that free time?”
However, parents across the country have been experiencing a long anticipated sense of relief.
“I’m glad the Facebook nightmare is over,” said Jon Guttari, a single parent from Detroit. “Now my teenager’s face won’t be glued to a computer screen all day. Maybe I can even have a conversation with her.”
Those in the financial circuit are criticizing Zuckerberg for walking away from a multibillion dollar franchise. Facebook is currently ranked as one of the wealthiest businesses in the world, with economists estimating its value at around 7.9 billion.
But Zuckerberg remains unruffled by these accusations. He says he will stand by his decision to give Facebook the axe.
“I don’t care about the money,” said Zuckerberg. “I just want my old life back.”
The Facebook Corporation suggests that users remove all of their personal information from the website before March 15th. After that date, all photos, notes, links, and videos will be permanently erased.
Now now now, don't think that this might be a false news that is lingering around the net. Its true. Just how true it is, I'm not sure. You might just want to get yourself a twitter account if it is true afterall.


If Facebook were gone for good, there is always pros and cons. To those who think social networking is somehow a spreading virus, then you are partially correct. In my own opinion, Facebook had not just found me my old schoolmates (I believe most did) but also some other friends I met outside which I don't have their numbers. So I could contact them through a medium which that medium is Facebook. Its like you met a lenglui but you didn't have her number. You can always try to search her Facebook profile and add her as friend. Not that its my first time anyway! Hahaha :X


Through Facebooking, you are also able to reach out your informations to your friends easily. You can invite your friends to some events through the "create event" option in Facebook. They will be have a short notice of your event and from there they can RSVP to that event. Not to mention, fanpages. You know how many fans from all over the globe wandering around the fanpage for more informations about their idols? I'm one of them, literally! sometimes I do check allkpop.com What else...AHA! Facebook users are able to cure their time-sickness with games. Cityville (=D), Restaurant City, Cafe World, Texas Poker et cetera. My mom, who was just a Facebook user months ago got addicted with the games she played. And before I know it, she was busy playing her games instead of busy nagging me! That's a GOOD THING, RIGHT


But, no matter how good something is there's always the bad part of it. People and I mean BAD people will tend to misuse the advantage of social networking and using them as lethal weapons. They tend to gather informations about someone and presumably use it to stalk that particular person. Especially those people who write out their phone numbers (Yes, I've been through one before) and those that uses an apps called 4square. It's no surprise if you got kidnapped by someone. 


In my case, I do think that Facebook has more pros than cons but my brain could only do so little. If you have more, why don't you share it on your own blog and probably link me? =D


Update


According to here, "Facebook won't be shutting down anytime soon".

No comments: